Getting an SR22 seems like a bigger deal than it really is. Here is a lot of information about an SR22 that will hopefully help. We think we have the lowest priced SR22 in Brazoria County. Give us a call to find out (979) 297-2655.
1. What is an SR22 filing?
For most, an SR22 filing requirement is due to driving without insurance or a traffic infraction such as DWI, DUI and Tickets for Driving Without Financial Responsibility or no Insurance. Occasionally there may be other reasons it is required or otherwise desired such as a drug conviction or judgement against you. The SR22 Form requested by a licensing authority can be issued by an Insurer in your state.
Texas SR22 Insurance can be an Operators or Non Owners insurance policy, where the Insured has Requested Financial Responsibility filing for the state from the Insurance company. The SR22 insurance form is an endorsement to your auto liability insurance policy. This is usually the result of a Traffic Ticket for driving without the minimum financial responsibility or a DWI or a DUI citation, accidents or other traffic related incidents.
2. How much will an SR22 cost?
It’s not too expensive. Having an SR22 filing might cost you a little extra, but it’s temporary. The filing fees vary by insuring company, but no matter what some companies tell you, there is usually a charge to file an SR22 for you. It’s built into the cost of your insurance. In order to file an SR22 for a Texas license, you must obtain Texas auto insurance. We can provide an SR22 to any state that needs to release your license for obtaining a Texas license.
3. How long does it take to get SR22 insurance?
Instant Issue. Best Insurance Services, Inc. offers that service for you.
4. What if my license is supended?
If you’ve already had your License suspended and an SR22 is required, you will need to file the form with the appropriate fines or fees before your suspension can be lifted.
5. Can I get same day coverage for an SR22?
We can in most cases have your certificate ready and available as a same day service on request whenever you effect coverage.
6. How long am I required to carry SR22 auto insurance?
It’s not forever. In Texas the SR-22 is usually required for 2 year from the date of accident, date of conviction or date the judgment was rendered. During your term, you must maintain your filing in order to keep your license valid and current. If your policy expires, is cancelled or ceases for any reason. The insurer is required by law to notify the ordering State. When you no longer need it, you can ask to have the filing removed from your policy.
7. Where do I get an SR22?
Only an auto insurance agent can Issue and sign your SR22 insurance certificate on your behalf. Your Insurer may file it for you or give it to you to file yourself but only the insurance company may Issue the certificate. It is unlawful for any other entity, or 3rd party to issue a Certificate on your behalf without your company’s consent and can void your policy under fraud and forgery statutes.
8. What are my responsibilities during the filing term?
- Make sure your insurer is aware of your requirement.
- Keep your policy active to avoid possible suspension.
- Make premium payments on time.
- When you no longer need to file the SR22, contact your agent or insurance company to have it removed from your insurance, but keep your insurance active, otherwise, you may find yourself needing to file it again.
- Keep your mailing address current. It is required by law anyway and is also the address where DPS and sends mail regarding licensing status and updates.
- Don’t drive without insurance coverage. If you have a lapse, cease driving and replace your SR22 insurance as soon as possible.
9. If I don’t own a car, how can I get an SR22?
You do not need to own a car to buy this kind of insurance. If you do not own a car, please contact an insurance agent/company of your choice and talk to them about a nonowner SR-22.
13. Can an insurance card or insurance policy be accepted toward the requirement of filing the SR22?
No, when proof of financial responsibility is required, form SR22 must be filed to meet the compliance requirements.
Texas drivers have chosen Best Insurance Services, Inc. to save money on car insurance since 1979. You will be glad you called our agency if you are looking for same-day SR22 auto insurance filings.
We can provide an instant, online SR22 insurance quote and same day SR22 filings for Texas.