Spring is here in Lake Jackson. For boaters in the Brazoria County that means it’s time to take their boats out of winter storage and put them in the water. For many boaters, annual preparation and cleaning projects are necessary rites of spring that help prevent problems that could keep them off the water once the season is underway.
* Inspect the fuel system for leaks or damage and be sure to pay special attention to fuel hoses, connections and tank surfaces.
* Check belts, cables and hoses because they can become brittle and may crack during winter storage.
* Inspect all electrical connections for clean, tight, corrosion free connections. Corroded connections can be dangerous.
* Check all fluid levels including engine oil, power steering, power trim reservoirs and coolant.
* Inspect propellers for dings, pitting, cracks and distortion.
* Check your life jackets to ensure they are in good condition and that there are enough on board for all potential passengers.
Get the new boating year off to a great start. Ensure you’ll enjoy another season of carefree boating and make your annual boat preparation more manageable.
Best Insurance has incredible rates on boat insurance. Give Russell a call at (979) 297-2655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org